The Forensic Mental Health Student Group (FMHSG) is excited to begin the application process for our 2019/2020 executive board. This has been an invaluable professional experience for all of the current board members, and we encourage you to consider applying!
The purpose of the Forensic Mental Health Student Group is to assist in making better forensic psychology professionals through speaker series, workshops, and community involvement. The group hosts a number of events each year with the goal of providing information relevant to professional development in the field of forensic psychology as well as creating a space for discussing issues related to forensic mental health. The group also has plans to develop an alumni network as well as resources to benefit current students and alumni. Please see the list of open board positions and associated responsibilities.
President-Elect: The President-Elect works closely with the current President on all events and projects for the 2019/2020 academic year. The President-Elect will learn the role of President, in preparation for assuming that role for the 2020/2021 academic year. Thus, this position requires a 2-year commitment. The duties of the President, which the President-Elect will assist with, include:
1. The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the FMHSG.
2. The President shall be responsible for calling and facilitating meetings of the FMHSG.
3. The President shall oversee all events and delegate tasks to other officers.
4. The President shall oversee all projects and delegate tasks to other officers.
5. The President shall serve as the main liaison with the faculty advisory and outside speakers.
Treasurer: The Treasurer serves as the primary financial manager of the group’s funds for the academic year. The duties of the Treasurer include:
1. The Treasurer shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the FMHSG.
2. The Treasurer shall be responsible for overseeing and managing the budget throughout the year.
3. The Treasurer shall set expense limits for events and obtain estimates from vendors.
4. The Treasurer shall file (through DocuSign) for reimbursement for expenses.
5. The Treasurer shall be the primary liaison between the FMHSG and University Administration to receive, disburse, and account for all funds of the FMHSG.
Public Relations Coordinator: The Public Relations Coordinator serves as the primary contact between the group and the outside community. The duties of the Public Relations Coordinator include:
1. The Public Relations Coordinator shall be responsible for advertising and promoting the group’s events and activities to the community.
2. The Public Relations Coordinator shall manage the group’s social media accounts.
3. The Public Relations Coordinator shall manage the group’s email account.
Webmaster: The Webmaster manages the group’s website and accounts associated with the group’s projects. The duties of the Webmaster include:
1. The Webmaster shall manage the group’s website, including posts regarding the group’s events.
2. The Webmaster shall assist in setting up and managing an alumni database.
3. The Webmaster shall assist in setting up and managing resources for current students and alumni.
First-Year Representative: The First-Year Representative serves as a liaison between the group and first-year PhD students.
1. The First-Year Representative shall communicate the needs of first-year PhD students to the group.
2. The First-Year Representative shall disseminate information from the group and promote the group’s events to first-year PhD students.
*Please note that all officers are expected to assist with planning and attending all events. They are also expected to contribute to all projects.
If you are interested in applying, we ask for you to submit the following application materials by 9:00pm on Sunday, October 6th to the FMHSG email account: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
2) Brief Cover Letter (no more than one page) indicating your interest in up to 2 board member positions
We look forward to reviewing your application materials, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!